Depression- What about it?

Depression is an emotion that comes up every now and then.Life really is a mixture of emotions though you pray the good supercede the bad and the ugly.
So what happens when you are depressed? Do you sink in and hit rock bottom? Or do you fight it ?
It's not a good feeling and no one deserves to be depressed so you have to fight it.
Some of the things I do during my downtimes that are really helpful to me and I hope someone that comes across it might find helpful.
1: Identify my triggers and run away from them as much as possible or at least till am in a better head space.
2: Depression triggers the need to find comfort in food,watch what you eat at this point to avoid eating all the unhealthy food choices that will increase your health risks.
3:Talk to people you can really trust about whatever is bothering you and hear their perspective.
4: Keep a journal.I call my journal "healing journal" where I write all my crazy thoughts,concerns, challenges everything.
5:Search for inspiration. As a Christian,the word of God and soul lifting music and messages are helpful.
6: Be kind to yourself,know that you are not alone.
Don't give up!! Don't give in!!
Life is beautiful!
Life is tough!
Things crepes up that you didn't plan for but you are strong enough to overcome all.
Best regards always!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hard work vs. 'Smart' work

Meet Nkem Okechukwu of Homeworth interiors.com