Celebrating the strength of a woman.


The strength of a woman is not measured by the impact that all her hardships in life have had on her ; but the strength of a woman is measured by the extent of her refusal to allow those hardships to dictate her and who she becomes. C.Joybell C. (culled from www.goodreads.com)
Photocredit : a woman and a child

March 8 International Women's Day Celebration celebrated since 1911 calling for women to celebrate their selves as well as seeking equality in the work place.
I just got to know about this type of celebration for the first time this year (all thanks to blogging and staying online), it got me because am a woman.
Also am all for women celebrating women. Why??
Because there's a lot of women doing so much in their career and also raising a wonderful family.
I celebrate them for all their awesomeness, sacrifices to make the world a better place.
Today I celebrate a very special lady I know (identity undisclosed).
She got married like every young woman her age and hoped for a happily ever after.
But death came knocking and snatched her young husband after barely 8 years of marriage.
Leaving her with 3 kids and a baby 4 months.
A lot of advice came from different quarters: "You're still young don't hang in there or even if you must you have to look for a man to take care of  your needs"
She didn't give in to any of the options.
First there's no way she will leave her kids.
Leave them for whom???
Second of all, there's no way she will give in to love again.
Because she enjoyed a blissful relationship with her late husband that produced four wonderful kids.
That's the heart of a woman!!!
A woman is more than her looks, beyond all her 'charm' lays a confident soul like a lion ready to take over the world.
A determination so strong that can turn a house to a home.
I celebrate womanhood.
There's every shade of greatness in a woman.
She's a girl, daughter, sister, wife and mother.
So love being a woman.
To all the fabulous women in my life, my mum, cousins, friends, colleagues, even those I met on social media.
I thank you for all the inspiration I draw from you.
Thank you for being amazing you!
I want to know your heartbeat.
Connect, drop your comments please.
Love Always.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hard work vs. 'Smart' work

Meet Nkem Okechukwu of Homeworth interiors.com

Depression- What about it?